History of Affinia Federal Credit Union
Affinia Federal Credit Union (formerly The Reynolds and Reynolds Employees Federal Credit Union) was organized by a group of Reynolds & Reynolds employees, and chartered by the federal government on May 19, 1936. The original field of membership was limited to all employees of Reynolds & Reynolds Company in the USA; members of their immediate families, and any association of such employees. On May 1, 2001, the name of the Credit Union was officially changed to Affinia Federal Credit Union, partly as a reflection of our changing field of membership. In July of 2003, Affinia moved its main office from Germantown St. to a new office on the Reynolds & Reynolds Research Park campus. Today the credit union has over 4,000 members across the United States.
On November 1, 2014, Affinia merged with Heartland Federal Credit, a community chartered credit union, to allow us to offer additional products and services to our membership. After the conversion is complete, we will be known as Heartland Federal Credit Union.